Click here to go to the main page

Marum (Gr): reformed church

The small reformed church of Marum dates back to the 12th century, when the choir was built. The one-aisled nave and the tower were probably built in the first quarter of the 13th century. Of the original Romanesque nature of he building only traces remain. In the mid-16th century the tower was heightened and the church was given a new roof. The north wall of the nave was probably newly clad in 1770. The small original windows were replaced by bigger ones at an unknown date. In 1886 a new spire was added to the tower which, unlike the bent tower, is standing straight.








Back to Churches in the province of Groningen

Back to Marum municipality