Tolbert (Gr): reformed
The church of Tolbert is a one-aisled building with A straight choir
and a tower with a saddle-roof. Its oldest part is the choir, which
dates from the first half of the 13th century and features Romanesque
niches and windows on the east side. The bottom part of the tower is
probably equally old. In ca. 1600 the tower was heightened. During a
restoration the original handmade bricks at the south-western corner
were replaced by factory-made bricks that contrast sharply with
the rest of the church.
The nave was built in the 14th century and is a little wider and higher
than the choir. The original small windows of the nave and the choir
were later replaced by larger ones. On both the north and the south
side there are various traces of closed windows and entrances.