Click here to go to the main page
Dennenburg (NB): St. MichaŽl

 

 

 

This is an interesting example of a church consisting of both Romanesque and Gothic parts. The oldest part is the 11th-century nave. The tower dates from the 13th century, although it was heightened and clad with new bricks in the early 16th century. In that period also a Gothic choir was added, while the nave was heightened and given Gothic-style windows. Ca. 1850 the tuff nave was hidden under a new layer of bricks. In 1958 the church was restored. The bricks at the north side of the nave were removed and the old Romanesque situation was reconstructed, including the small windows. The south side was not changed but looks very new nonetheless. The building is now used as a pottery.

 

 

 

 
Back to Churches in the province of Noord-Brabant

Back to Oss municipality