Click here to go to the main page

Oisterwijk (NB): St. Johannes van Oisterwijk (H.W. Valk, 1928)





This church was built in a mix of expresionistic and traditionalistic styles, with a few references to Gothic architecture. The tower was finished 1951-1953 by G.H.F. Valk, Valk's son. The nave is five aisled wide, has a relatively narrow central aisle and narrow outer aisles, and is entirely covered by brick vaults. Although it is taller than the other aisles, the central aisle does not function as a clerestorey; instead the inner side-aisles have gables with windows. The rectangular choir is slightly higher than the nave and has a big rose-window at the back.








Back to Churches in the province of Noord-Brabant

Back to Oisterwijk

Back to H.W. Valk