Click here to go to the main page

Stede Broec municipality / Gemeente Stede Broec (NH)

Municipality in the West-Friesland region, comprising of the villages Bovenkarspel, Grootebroek en Lutjebroek. Important churches are located in the latter two villages only.

Gemeente in de regio West-Friesland, bestaande uit de dorpen Bovenkarspel, Grootebroek en Lutjebroek. Belangwekkende kerken bevinden zich alleen in de laatste twee dorpen. 

 
Grootebroek

 

The Reformed church of Grootebroek is a one-aisled building in neo-Classical style, built in 1848. It had two predecessors on the same location, and its tower partly dates from the 15th century.

Location: Zesstedenweg 189

De Hervormde kerk van Grootebroek is een zaalkerk in neoclassicistische stijl uit 1848. Het gebouw had twee voorgangers op dezelfde locatie, en de toren dateert deels uit de 15e eeuw.

Locatie: Zesstedenweg 189

 

 

 

 

The catholic St. Johannes de Doper was built in 1926-1927 and was designed by S.B. van Sante, who was influenced by the Expressionist style of French monk-architect Dom Bellot

Location: Zesstedenweg 160

De katholieke St. Johannes de Doper werd gebouwd in 1926-1927 en is ontworpen door S.B. van Sante, die werd be´nvloed door de expressionistische stijl van de Franse monnik-architect Dom Bellot.

Locatie: Zesstedenweg 160

 

 
Lutjebroek

 

 
The former Reformed church is a small building in a peculiar early neo-Gothic style, designed by D. van der Tas and built in 1863 . It was closed in ca. 1974 and was saved from demolition by locals. It's nowadays a cultural centre.

Location: P.J. Jongstraat 85

De Hervormde kerk is een klein gebouw in een eigenaardige vroege neogotische stijl, ontworpen door D. van der Tas en gebouwd in 1863. De kerk werd gesloten in ca. 1974 en werd door de plaatselijke bevolking voor sloop behoed. Het is tegenwoordig een cultureel centrum.

Locatie: P.J. Jongstraat 85

 

 

 

The catholic H. Nicolaas is a three-aisled pseudo-basilica in neo-Gothic style, designed by P.J.H. Cuypers and built in 1876-1877 and extended by J.Th.J. Cuypers and P. Cuypers jr. in 1924-1925.

 Location: P.J. Jongstraat 45

De katholieke H. Nicolaas is een driebeukige pseudobasiliek in neogotische stijl, ontworpen door P.J.H. Cuypers en gebouwd in 1876-1877 en uitgebreid door J.Th.J. Cuypers en P. Cuypers jr. in 1924-1925.

Locatie: P.J. Jongstraat 45

 

 

 

Back to the Province of Noord-Holland