Click here to go to the main page

Lemelerveld (Ov): H. Hart van Jezus (A. Tepe, 1884, W. te Riele, 1910, C. Hardeman, 1929)

 

Until 1874 the catholics of Lemelerveld belonged to the parish of Luttenberg, about six kilometers to the south of their village. But that year the village became a parish in its own right, and a temporary church was built. This church, which was built like a farm, soon became too small, and in 1884 a real church was built. This church, a three-aisled pseudo-basilica, was designed in neo-Gothic style. Its tower wasn't built until 1909. The following year, architect W. te Riele, a former employee of Tepe, replaced the fourth trave with the current transept. In 1929 the church was once more enlarged, this time by C. Hardeman, who added a new choir with lateral chapels and a sacristy in a more modern neo-Gothic style.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back to Churches in the province of Overijssel

Back to Dalfsen municipality

Back to A. Tepe

Back to W. te Riele