Click here to go to the main page

's-Heer Arendskerke (Z): reformed church



Like the church in nearby 's-Heer Abtskerke, the one of 's-Heer Arendskerke was originally dedicated to St. John the Baptist. The tower was built in the second half of the 14th century and is richly decorated with niches. Its lower segments are supported by double butresses which meet in polygonal platforms, which originally were probably crowned with corner-turrets.  The nave dates from the first half of the 15th century and replaced a predecessor from the late-13th. The choir, which had been used as a school,  was demolished in 1859 and replaced by a consistory in early neo-Gothic style.






Back to Churches in the province of Zeeland

Back to the Province of Zeeland