Municipality named after the small village of Vlist (which has no church) and also consisting of the town of Haastrecht and the village of Stolwijk.
The reformed church
Haastrecht is a mostly Gothic church with a part Romanesque tower from
the 13th and 14th century. After the church was largely destroyed in
1575, it was rebuilt in 1609-1611, probably in its former late-15th
century state, except for the choir which, now the church was in
protestant hands, was no longer needed.
The St. Barnabas is a catholic church in neo-Classical style, built in 1853-1854 after a design by W.J. van Vogelpoel. The church was extended with several chapels in 1927.
Location: Grote Haven 8
In 1920 the Passionists of Mook-Molenhoek (L) founded a second passionist monastery outside Haastrecht. The monastery and its church were designed by J. Franssen and built in 1921-1922.
Location: Provincialeweg Oost 60-62
Location: Achter de Kerk 3