Eemnes-Buiten (U): reformed church or Nicolaaskerk
1339 the people of Eemnes, then a part of Eembrugge, tried to break
away from the bishop of Utrecht and join the county of Holland.
Although all attempts failed, they did build a first wooden church in
their village in 1346, which was already destroyed two years later, and
were granted town privileges in 1352. Among these privileges was the
right to build a church. This church was erected where the wooden
church had been and was dedicated to St. Nicolas.