Exmorra (Fr): reformed
The church of
Exmorra is a small
one-aisled church from the 13th century. In ca. 1300 the nave
lengthened and a tower was added. Of this tower, which collapsed in
1836, only the lower part remains. That same year the wooden tower and the western facade were
built. Until the
church was restored in 1963-1966 it was covered with a thick coat of
plaster, underneath which many traces of its original Romanesque
condition had been preserved. The big windows in the nave were replaced
by smaller ones on the north side. On
this side the wall has a peculiar curve. In the south wall
thelarger windows, which are probably from the 19th century, remained.
The church is closed by a Romanesque semi-circular choir, the windows
in which were reopened.