Click here to go to the main page

Heerlen municipality / Gemeente Heerlen (L)

Part 2/2
 

Heerlerheide

The H. Cornelius is a cruciform basilica in neo-Romanesque style. Its design is usually attributed to Joseph Cuypers and Jan Stuyt but was probably the work of Stuyt alone. The church dates from 1909-1910, when the partnership by Cuypers and Stuyt had already ended.

Location: Kerkstraat 8

De H. Cornelius is een kruisbasiliek in neoromaanse stijl waarvan het ontwerp doorgaans wordt toegeschreven aan Joseph Cuypers en Jan Stuyt, maar waarschijnlijk was dit het werk van alleen Stuyt. De kerk dateert uit 1909-1910, toen het partnerschap van Cuypers en Stuyt al was ontbonden. 

Locatie: Kerkstraat 8 

 
Hoensbroek

 

The Kleine St. Jan ("little St. Jan"), thus named after a bigger church was build, dates from the 12th century, although choir and tower were added later and many changes were made since. Although replaced by a bigger church in 1905, the old church was not demolished.

Location: Hoofdstraat 63

De kleine St. Jan, aldus genoemd na de bouw van een grotere kerk, stamt uit de 12e eeuw, hoewel koor en toren van latere datum zijn en het gebouw verschillende verbouwingen heeft ondergaan. Hoewel zij in 1905 door een grotere kerk werd vervangen is zij niet gesloopt.

Locatie: Hoofdstraat 63

 
 

 

The Grote St. Jan ("big St. Jan") was built in 1905-1906 and was designed by C. Franssen. The neo-Gothic basilica was never completed and still has its 'temporary' facade.

Location: St. Jansstraat

De Grote St. Jan werd gebouwd in 1905-1906 en is ontworpen door C. Franssen. De neogotische basiliek is nooit voltooid en heeft nog steeds de 'voorlopige' voorgevel.

Locatie: St. Jansstraat

 


The St. Joseph was built in 1951 and was designed by A.J.N. Boosten. It's a cruciform basilica in Boosten's typical style.

Location:  Laanderstraat 33 

De St. Joseph werd in 1951 gebouwd naar een ontwerp door A.J.N. Boosten. Het is een kruisbasiliek in Boostens typische stijl. 

Locatie: Laanderstraat 33

 

The O.L.Vrouw Maagd der Armen in the Mariagewanden neighbourhood is a one-aisled building in Traditionalist style. It was designed by H.G. Akkermans and was built in 1949. 

Location: Zandbergweg 26

De O.L.Vrouw Maagd der Armen in de buurt Mariagewanden is een zaalkerk in traditionalistische stijl. Zij werd ontworpen door H.G. Akkermans en werd gebouwd in 1949.

Locatie: Zandbergweg 26

 

 

Go to part 1 / Ga naar deel 1

Back to the Province of Limburg