Click here to go to the main page

Teylingen municipality / Gemeente Teylingen (ZH)
Municipality in the mostly catholic Bollenstreek region, founded in 2006, when the former municipalities of Sassenheim, Voorhout and Warmond merged. It was named after a castle in Sassenheim.

Gemeente in de overwegend katholieke Bollenstreek, gevormd in 2006 toen de voormalige gemeenten Sassenheim, Voorhout en Warmond werden samengevoegd. De gemeente is vernoemd naar een kasteel in Sassenheim.
 
Sassenheim

 

The Reformed church or Pancratiuskerk of Sassenheim is one of the oldest churches in the Holland region. It has a tower and nave in Romanesque style.

Location: Hoofdstraat 217

De Hervormde kerk of Pancratiuskerk van Sassenheim is een van de oudste kerken in de regio Holland. Het heeft een toren en het schip in romaanse stijl.

Locatie: Hoofdstraat 217

 

 

The catholic St. Pancratius is a large neo-Gothic cruciform basilica, designed by J.H. Tonnaer. The transept and choir were built in 1913; the church was completed with the nave and tower in 1928.

Location: Hoofdstraat 186

De katholieke St. Pancratius is een grote neogotische kruisbasiliek naar ontwerp van J.H. Tonnaer. Het transept en het koor werden in 1913 gebouwd; de kerk werd in 1928 voltooid met het schip en de toren.

Locatie: Hoofdstraat 186

 

 
Voorhout

The two churches of Voorhout both have their origins in the medieval village church which was divided in catholic and reformed parts in 1809. The reformed church is basically the square choir of the old Gothic church, enlarged with a polygonal part in 1913.

Location: Dr. Aletta Jacobslaan 9

De twee kerken van Voorhout hebben beide hun oorsprong in de middeleeuwse dorpskerk die in 1809 was verdeeld in een katholiek en een hervormd deel. De hervormde kerk is in feite het rechtgesloten koor van de oude gotische kerk, in 1913 uitgebreid met een meerhoekig  deel.

Locatie: Dr. Aletta Jacobslaan 9

 

 

The catholic St. BartholomeŘs was built in 1881-1883 on the location of the medieval church. The neo-Gothic church was designed by E.J. Margry.

Location: Herenstraat 47

De katholieke St. BartholomeŘs werd in 1881-1883 gebouwd op de locatie van de middeleeuwse kerk. De neogotische kerk werd ontworpen door E.J. Margry.

Locatie: Herenstraat 47

 

Warmond

Warmond's first church was founded in 1156. In the 15th century it was replaced by a new church in Gothic style of which only the tower and ruins remain. In 1573 this church, known as St. Matthias, was destroyed. In ca. 1600 the tower and the choir were rebuilt; the choir served as a reformed church until 1875. When a new reformed church was built the choir fell into decay.

Location: Klinkenberg

De eerste kerk van Warmond werd opgericht in 1156. In de 15e eeuw werd deze vervangen door een nieuwe kerk in gotische stijl waarvan alleen de toren en ru´nes blijven. In 1573 werd deze kerk, beter bekend als St. Matthias, vernietigd. In ca. 1600 werden de toren en het koor herbouwd; het koor diende tot 1875 als een hervormde kerk. Nadat er een nieuwe hervormde kerk was gebouwd raakte het koor in verval.

Locatie: Klinkenberg

 

 

From 1796 until 1859 the catholics used a former remonstrant church for their services. A new catholic church in a more or less neo-Gothic style, the St. Matthias, was built in 1857-1859 after a design by Th. Molkenboer. In 1954 the church was extended with two lateral chapels and a sacristy, designed by H. van Oerle.

Location: Herenweg 76

Van 1796 tot 1859 gebruikten de katholieken een voormalige Remonstrantse kerk voor hun diensten. Een nieuwe katholieke kerk in een min of meer neogotische stijl, de St. Matthias, werd gebouwd in 1857-1859 naar een ontwerp van Th. Molkenboer. In 1954 werd de kerk uitgebreid met twee zijkapellen en een sacristie, ontworpen door H. van Oerle.

Locatie: Herenweg 76

 

 

The Reformed church was built in 1875 as a replacement for the old church. A. van Wilk designed it in Eclectic style.

Location: Herenweg 82

De Hervormde kerk werd gebouwd in 1875 ter vervanging van de oude kerk. A. van Wilk ontwierp het gebouw in eclectische stijl.

Locatie: Herenweg 82

 

 

In 1799 the Roman Catholic major seminary was founded in a former boarding school. A new complex in neo-Classical style was built in 1821, which was extended with two wings and a chapel, all designed by Th. Molkenboer, in 1843.

Location: Mgr Aengenentlaan 1

In 1799 werd het rooms-katholieke Grootseminarie opgericht in een voormalig internaat. Een nieuw complex in neoclassicistische stijl werd gebouwd in 1821, dat in 1843 werd uitgebreid met twee vleugels en een kapel naar ontwerp van Th. Molkenboer.

Locatie: Mgr Aengenentlaan 1

 

 
The former home for the elderly St. Lidu´na is a complex with a chapel in Traditionalist style, designed by J.A. van der Laan and built in 1928-1930.

Location: Herenweg 50

Het voormalige bejaardentehuis St. Lidu´na is een complex met een kapel in traditionalistische stijl, ontworpen door J.A. van der Laan en gebouwd in 1928-1930.

Locatie: Herenweg 50

 

 

In 1930 the seminary was extended with the Philosophicum, which consisted of a new wing and a chapel, all of which were designed by J. Stuyt.

Location: Mgr Aengenentlaan 3

In 1930 werd het seminarie uitgebreid met het Philosophicum, dat bestond uit een nieuwe vleugel en een kapel, allemaal zontworpen door J. Stuyt.

Locatie: Mgr Aengenentlaan 3

 

 
Back to the Province of Zuid-Holland