Click here to go to the main page

Leudal municipality (L)

Municipality in the center of Limburg, founded in 2007 by the merging of the former municipalities of  Haelen, Heythuysen, Hunsel and Roggel en Neer. Administrative centre of the municipality is Heythuysen, the other locations are Haelen, Roggel, Horn, Neer, Baexem, Ittervoort, Grathem, Ell, Neeritter, Kelpen-Oler, Buggenum, Hunsel, Heibloem, Nunhem and Haler.

Gemeente in het midden van Limburg, in 2007 gevormd door de samenvoeging van de voormalige gemeenten Haelen, Heythuysen, Hunsel en Roggel en Neer. Administratief centrum van de gemeente is Heythuysen, de andere kernen zijn Haelen, Roggel, Horn, Neer, Baexem, Ittervoort, Grathem, Ell, Neeritter, Kelpen-Oler, Buggenum, Hunsel, Heibloem, Nunhem en Haler.

 

Heythuysen

 

The St. Nicolaas in Heythuysen is essentially a Gothic church from the early 16th century, but on the outside it's largely neo-Gothic. In 1847 the tower was demolished to make space for two more traves and a new tower, while in 1927 C.J.H. Franssen replaced the side-aisles with wider and taller ones.

Location: Dorpsstraat 52

De St. Nicolaas in Heythuysen is in wezen een gotische kerk uit de vroege 16de eeuw, maar is aan de buitenkant vooral neogotisch. In 1847 werd de toren gesloopt om ruimte te maken voor twee traveeŽn en een nieuwe toren, terwijl in 1927 C.J.H. Franssen de zijbeuken verving door bredere en hogere.

Locatie: Dorpsstraat 52

 

 

 

The Missiekapel (mission chapel), originally a cemetery chapel, built in 1850-1851 in a Neo-Classical style which by that time had become unusual. 

Location: Dorpsstraat 120

De Missiekapel (missie kapel), oorspronkelijk een begraafplaatskapel, werd in 1850-1851 gebouwd in een neoclassicistische stijl die in die tijd ongebruikelijk was geworden.

Locatie: Dorpsstraat 120

 

 
Baexem

 

The H. Johannes de Doper in Baexem was designed by A.J.N. Boosten and built in 1949-1950 (church) and 1956 (tower). It replaced a 19th-century church with a 13h-century tower, all destroyed in 1944.

Location: Mgr. Kierkelsplein 19

De H. Johannes de Doper in Baexem is ontworpen door A.J.N. Boosten en gebouwd in 1949-1950 (kerk) en 1956 (toren). Het gebouw verving een 19e-eeuwse kerk met een 13e-eeuwse toren die in 1944 werd vernietigd.

Locatie: Mgr. Kierkelsplein 19

 

 
 Kelpen-Oler

 

The H. Liduina of Kelpen-Oler was designed by J.Th.J. Cuypers and his son P.J.J.M. Cuypers and built in 1935-1936. The church was badly damaged by artillery fire in 1944 but was restored to its original state shortly after the war.

Location: Grathemerweg 50

De H. Liduina is een ontwerp van J.Th.J. Cuypers en zijn zoon P.J.J.M. Cuypers en werd gebouwd in 1935-1936. De kerk werd zwaar beschadigd door artillerievuur in 1944, maar werd kort na de oorlog hersteld in deoorspronkelijke staat.

Locatie: Grathemerweg 50

 

 
Grathem

 

The St. Severinus combines a 13th-century Romanesque tower and a 15th-century Gothic choir, both built out of marl, with a brick neo-Gothic side-aisle from the 19th century and a second nave, positioned square on the old one, designed by J. Franssen, son of C.J.H. Franssen, and built in 1954.

Location: Kerkplein 1

De St. Severinus bestaat uit een 13e-eeuwse romaanse toren en een 15e-eeuws gotisch koor, beide gebouwd van mergel, met een bakstenen neogotische zijbeuk uit de 19e eeuw en een tweede schip dat dwars op het oude werd gebouwd en werd ontworpen door J . Franssen, zoon van C.J.H. Franssen, en gebouwd in 1954.

Locatie: Kerkplein 1

 

 
Ittervoort

Ittervoort has had a church ever since the 13th century, but the medieval church was demolished in 1844 and replaced. The oldest part of the current St. Margarita is part of the tower, which was built in 1894. The actual church was built in 1935 and was designed by J. Franssen.

Location: Margarethastraat 4

Ittervoort heeft een kerk sinds de 13e eeuw, maar de middeleeuwse kerk werd in 1844 gesloopt en vervangen. Het oudste deel van de huidige St. Margarita is een deel van de toren, die uit 1894 stamt. De huidige kerk werd gebouwd in 1935 en werd ontworpen door J. Franssen.

Locatie: Margarethastraat 4

 

 
Neeritter

 

The St. Lambertus of Neeritter is a mostly Gothic church from the 14th to 16th centuries, but with a tower with a lower half from the 13th century and an upper half from the 19th.

Location: Molenstraat 2

De St. Lambertus van Neeritter is een grotendeels gotische kerk uit de 14de tot 16de eeuw, maar met een toren waarvan de onderste helft uit de 13e eeuw stamt en de bovenste helft uit de 19e eeuw.

Locatie: Molenstraat 2

 

 

Back to the Province of Limburg