Click here to go to the main page

Oldenzaal (Ov)

Oldenzaal is a town in the Twente region, dating back as early as the eight century. Population is mostly catholic.

Oldenzaal is een stad in de regio Twente waarvan de geschiedenis teruggaat tot de 8ste eeuw. De bevolking is merendeels katholiek.

 

The St. Plechelmus is a three-aisled basilica from the 12th century. It's still largely in a Romanesque style that is closely related to that of the St. Jan and St. Pieter in Utrecht (U). After a long period of protestant use the church was returned to the catholics in 1809.

Location: St. Plechelmusplein 4

De St. Plechelmus is een driebeukige basiliek uit de 12e eeuw. Het gebouw is nog steeds grotendeels in een romaanse stijl die nauw verwant is aan die van de St. Jan en St. Pieter in Utrecht (U). Na een lange periode van protestants gebruik werd de kerk in 1809 teruggegeven aan de katholieken.

Locatie: St. Plechelmusplein 4
 

 


The town's second catholic church is the H. Antonius van Padua, a neo-Gothic building designed by local architect K.L. Croonen and built in 1911-1912.

Location: Spoorstraat 2

De tweede katholieke kerk is de H. Antonius van Padua, een neogotisch gebouw, ontworpen door de lokale architect K.L. Croonen en gebouwd in 1911-1912.

Locatie: Spoorstraat 2

 

 

 

The Hofkerk was built in 1934 for the reformed community as a replacement of an older church that had become too small. Architect A.J. A. Winters designed it in Expressionist style.

Location: Ganzenmarkt 9

De Hofkerk werd in 1934 gebouwd voor de hervormde gemeenschap ter vervanging van een oudere kerk die te klein was geworden. Architect A.J.A. Winters ontwierp de kerk in expressionistische stijl .

Locatie: Ganzenmarkt 9

 


The chapel of the Carmelite lyceum was built in Expressionist style in 1927 as part of a monastery that belonged to the school. Architect of the entire complex was J. Zwanikken. 

Location: Lyceumstraat 34

De kapel van het Carmellyceum werd in 1927 gebouwd in expressionistische stijl als onderdeel van het klooster dat bij de school hoorde. Architect van het gehele complex was J. Zwanikken.

Locatie: Lyceumstraat 34

 

 

 

 

The church Allerheiligste DrieŽenheid was built as the third parish church in 1930. Although attributed to W. te Riele and K.L. Croonen, the church is entirely a typical example of Te Riele's work.

Location: Kruisstraat 9

De kerk van de Allerheiligste DrieŽenheid werd gebouwd als de derde parochiekerk in 1930. Hoewel toegeschreven aan W. te Riele en K.L. Croonen is de gehele kerk een typisch voorbeeld van het werk van Te Riele.

Locatie: Kruisstraat 9

 

 

Back to the Province of Overijssel